THEME: Abundant life grows through sacrifice, not consumption.
GRACE: Lord, help me see where You are calling me to live generously.
- In a journal, note the day, time, and place you’re sitting.
- Open with a few moments of silence. Rest, and breathe deeply.
- Complete the following sentence in your journal: Today, I feel ________________.
- Read these words slowly (aloud or silently):
Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation, now that you have tasted that the Lord is good. (1 Peter 2:2-3, NIV)
- Pause for a few moments of silence.
Practice: Reflection (Review Your Week)
Find a quiet place to stop and prayerfully reflect over your previous week.
- Open your journal and look back over what you have written for the past four days.
- In today’s journal entry, write a brief summary of what you have experienced this week in your spiritual practices. Take note of what surprised you, what you learned, or where you experienced resistance or frustration.
- This week, our prayer was that God would help us see where He is calling us to live generously. As you reflect over the past five days, did you notice God pointing out opportunities for greater generosity? How can you view these as chances to more fully experience God’s love, instead of obligations or punishments? No matter how small or insignificant these things might seem, these opportunities are answers to your prayer. Write them down, and thank God for giving You this grace.
- Take a moment to look at your calendar for the upcoming week. As you do so, notice what you are excited about in the coming week, as well as anything that makes you anxious.
- Offer your upcoming week to God, inviting Him to be with you in each event. Give Him thanks for the times you look forward to, and ask Him to provide you peace in the fearful events.
- As you close in prayer, thank God for walking with you this week.
- Closing Prayer: Lord, help me see where You are calling me to live generously.
Questions? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org