THEME: Living like Jesus means loving like Jesus.
GRACE: Lord, give me eyes to see others the way that You see them.
- In a journal, note the day, time, and place you’re sitting.
- Open with a few moments of silence. Rest, and breathe deeply.
- Complete the following sentence in your journal: Today, I feel ________________.
- Read these words slowly (aloud or silently):
Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. (1 Peter 5:6-7, NIV)
- Pause for a few moments of silence.
Practice: Reflection (Review Your Week)
Find a quiet place to stop and prayerfully reflect over your previous week.
- Open your journal and look back over what you have written for the past four days.
- In today’s journal entry, write a brief summary of what you have experienced this week in your spiritual practices. Take note of what surprised you, what you learned, or where you experienced resistance or frustration.
- This week, our prayer was that God would help us see others the way that He sees them As you reflect over the past five days, did you notice anything changing about the way you see others? What was especially challenging about these practices of unity? Did you learn anything about your own areas of woundedness, or the pain of others? No matter how small or insignificant these things might seem, these opportunities are answers to your prayer. Write them down, and thank God for giving You this grace.
- Take a moment to look at your calendar for the upcoming week. As you do so, notice what you are excited about in the coming week, as well as anything that makes you anxious.
- Offer your upcoming week to God, inviting Him to be with you in each event. Give Him thanks for the times you look forward to, and ask Him to provide you peace in the fearful events.
- As you close in prayer, thank God for walking with you this week.
- Closing Prayer: Lord, give me eyes to see others the way that You see them.
Questions? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org