THEME: Growing Up
BREATH PRAYER: Jesus, grant me a deeper love for You and for others
- In a journal, note the day, time, and place you’re sitting.
- Open with a few moments of silence. Rest, and breathe deeply.
- Complete the following sentence in your journal: Today, I feel ________________.
- Read these words slowly (aloud or silently):
“Are not five sparrows sold for two pennies? Yet not one of them is forgotten by God.”
Pray this week’s breath prayer and pause for a few moments of silence.
Find a quiet place to stop and prayerfully reflect over your previous week.
- Open your journal and look back over what you have written for the past four days.
- In today’s journal entry, write a brief summary of what you have experienced this week in your spiritual practices. Take note of what surprised you, what you learned, or where you experienced resistance or frustration.
- This week, our prayer was that Jesus would give us a deeper love for Him and for others. As you reflect over the past five days, do you see any instances of Him doing this for you? Did you sense God directing your thoughts toward someone specific, giving you a softened heart for a person or group? Did He grant you a moment of love or joy or understanding that you otherwise would’ve missed? No matter how small or insignificant they might seem, these moments are answers to your prayer. Write them down, and thank God for giving You this grace.
- Take a moment to look at your calendar the upcoming week. As you do so, notice what you are excited about in the coming week, as well as anything that makes you anxious.
- Offer your upcoming week to God, inviting Him to be with you in each event. Give Him thanks for the times you look forward to, and ask Him to provide you peace in the fearful events.
- As you close in prayer, thank God for walking with you this week and for bringing you into a deeper love for Him and others.