BREATH PRAYER: Father, transform my heart in this ordinary time.
It is the Lord who goes before you; He will be with you, He will not fail you or forsake you; do not fear or be dismayed.
- In a journal, note the day, time, and place you’re sitting.
- Open with silence. Set a timer for 1, 3, or 5 minutes so you can be free to rest and breathe deeply.
- Complete the following sentence in your journal: Today, I feel ________________.
- Read the centering verse above slowly (aloud or silently).
- Pause for a few moments of silence, then pray this week’s breath prayer.
Find a quiet place to prayerfully reflect over this week.
Open your journal and read what you have written this week. Write a brief summary of what you experienced in your spiritual practices: common themes, significant insights, ways God got your attention.
This week, our prayer was that the Father would transform our hearts. As you reflect, do you see any instances of Him doing this? Do you sense that He has asked you to do anything specific? Write down what comes to mind, and thank God for giving You this grace.
Look at your calendar for the upcoming week. Notice what you are excited about, as well as anything that makes you anxious or that you dread. Offer your upcoming week to God, inviting Him to be with you in each event. Welcome His presence and ask Him to help you trust His guidance.
As you close in prayer, thank God for what He has done in you and for you this week.
If you are unsure how to begin listening for God’s voice and leading in your life, listen to this message by Larry Green, given at the Parish. Feel free to reach out to us at email@example.com for more information or help with these practices.