- 1.The One We’re Waiting For: Renovation & Reconstruction
- 2.The One We’re Waiting For: He is the Image of the Invisible God
- 3.The One We’re Waiting For: Obedience in Obscurity
- 4.The One We’re Waiting For: Full of Grace & Truth
- 5.The One We’re Waiting For: All the Law & the Prophets
Flowing out of the conviction that Jesus is the Image of the Invisible God, we explore how we might engage the Bible in the light of His Image. Reading the Scriptures through the lens and filter of Jesus helps us make sense of the surprise ending to Israel’s Old Testament story. Jesus, the new lawgiver, the new prophet, the crucified and resurrected One has become God’s final Word of revelation.
Luke 24:27, 44-45 – “Then beginning with Moses and all the prophets, he interpreted to them the things about himself in all the scriptures… Then he said to them, ‘These are my words that I spoke to you while I was still with you—that everything written about me in the law of Moses, the prophets, and the psalms must be fulfilled.’ Then he opened their minds to understand the scriptures…”
John 5:36, 39-40, 45-46 – “But I have a testimony greater than John’s. The works that the Father has given me to complete, the very works that I am doing, testify on my behalf that the Father has sent me…